ABOUT KOKODA TRAIL EXPEDITIONS
Discover the rich history and vibrant ecosystems of the Kokoda Trail, the Buna-Gona-Sanananda area, Tufi, Milne Bay, and Rabaul with Kokoda Trail Expeditions. On the Kokoda Track, you’ll join the ranks of over 500 trekkers and adventurers who have trekked and enjoyed our safe, affordable, and expertly guided tours over the years. You’ll also have the privilege of contributing towards creating employment and income-generating opportunities for the lovely locals, a relationship forged in the mountains of the Owen Stanley Range between Australian soldiers and the legendary Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels, Papua New Guinean war carriers who played a critical role in evacuating the wounded and sick, and supporting Australia’s overall war effort in New Guinea (PNG) in WW2.
Kokoda Trail Expeditions was founded by John Weroura, an Australian Army Captain and a 1994 graduate of the prestigious Royal Military College, Duntroon. John served in the Australian Regular Army with the Royal Australian Corps of Signals holding various signals, infantry and special forces postings and regimental appointments during his military service. John also spent time with the British Army at Blandford Camp in the United Kingdom and the PNG Defence Force. After over 21 years in the real army, he moved across to the Australian Army Reserve in 2014. He can be seen running treks and tours on the Kokoda Track and in PNG in his spare time which is something he loves doing. He fell in love with the Kokoda Track and its important history and thought he should give other Australians and interested travellers the opportunity to experience and learn about the significance of this important native thoroughfare, which gives us our identity and holds a very special place in our consciousness; and so Kokoda Trail Expeditions was born. It’s a place rich and encapsulated in war and cultural history and its natural beauty is unsurpassed. When you have Kokoda on your bucket list, Papua New Guinea on your sought-after destination, and plan to tour with us, you’ll be in the company of our expert and knowledgeable staff who know the country like the back of their hand. In fact, we are the only Australian Kokoda and PNG tour operator with an immense knowledge of PNG than most tour operators. Besides, you’ll be touring with a company that puts your safety first and at the forefront of everything it does.
- Client safety is our primary concern and all our guides are certified in First Aid, carry high-tech satellite phones, mobile phones, and VHF radios.
- We risk manage all our tours and our staff are trained in emergency evacuation procedures.
- Our transparent pricing are structured to make joining a tour more affordable without sacrificing your comfort and safety.
- Our friendly tour leaders, guides and porters are extremely experienced, knowledgeable and professional.
- We have accumulated over 500 tours and know the Kokoda Trail and PNG like the back of our hand so you’re always in safe hands and in for an adventure.
- Our wide selection of Kokoda and PNG tours are tailored to match your fitness, age and interest level.
- We’ll help you get fit with our Kokoda Trek Fitness Plan and provide advice how to prepare for your trip if required.
- We are a licensed and registered Kokoda trekking company with the Kokoda Track Authority and are affiliated with important partners like PNG Tourism Promotion Authority, Tufi Resort, and The Kids Cancer Project,
- We hand-pick the most reputable and trusted support organisations and service providers including four-star hotels, airlines, and reliable transport businesses.
- We have a dedicated and professional client support team who are always ready to help with your planning and preparations at a moment’s notice.
Kokoda Trail Expeditions was founded with a simple mission: To provide clients with a safe, affordable and expertly-guided Kokoda, Buna-Sanananda-Gona, Milne Bay, Rabaul and Tufi tours that honour the history of these incredible areas while also benefiting local communities and preserving the environment for future generations.
We Support Charities
Kokoda Trail Expeditions has helped many charities including The Kids Cancer Project and HeartKids with much needed fundraising efforts on the Kokoda Track through facilitating treks for those walking in support of these charities. If you want to do Kokoda for your favorite charity, we are always happy to help and would like to hear from you.
9:00 am-5:00 pm – Monday to Friday.
9:00 am-12:00 pm – Saturdays.
Closed – Sundays and public holidays.
Online: Available 24/7 (After-hours enquiries is the next working day).